Friday, September 16, 2011

Noah David Patey

So Noah is almost 3 1/2 months old, and he definitely keeps life busy!!
Let's back up to that day when Noah entered the world!

Between 38-40 weeks pregnant I was 2 cm dilated and 90% effaced, I was sure Noah was going to arrive early!  However, he was way too comfortable in my tummy and his due date of May 27 came and went!  The weekend that he was due my contractions started coming on stronger and stronger, but they would never get closer to 8 minutes apart.  Tuesday May 31 rolled around and I went in to see the Dr.  By this point I am not feeling my best and am really hoping Noah will decide to come soon.  Thankfully when the Dr. checked I was 4 cm dilated and 100% effaced.  My blood pressure was going up and they decided it was time to get this boy out!!


We were sent to Labor and Delivery and arrived around 3:30 pm.  We got checked in, and the midwife broke my water around 5 pm.  Well after that the contractions really started coming.  We were really trying for a natural labor so I was so thankful to be working with a nurse and midwife who supported that!  The contractions came on stronger and stronger, and by 7-8 pm I was working my way into transitional labor which really started to hurt!  There were definitely some points where I was begging for drugs, but those surrounding kept encouraging me that I could do it, and that it was almost time to get him out!  Right before it came time to push was the worst pain I had experienced.  I think it was during this time that I mentally checked out from this experience!  What I remember most is the intense amount of pressure I felt inside of me, and how there was nothing I could do to make the pressure go away.

It was around 930-1000 that the midwife first started having me push.  I remember telling her I didn't want to! Ha.  Let me tell you though, everyone is right when it comes time to push you dig deep and you get that baby out!  Nick remembers seeing Noah's head first around 10:30 and the little guy was a somewhat turned so he had to SLOWLY work his way out!  Oh my word was it slow (almost 2 hours of pushing)!  I was so thankful for Nick who did not leave my side for one moment!  He was my rock and got me through this!  I also loved having my mom in the room with us, she really helped me get through the contractions, and kept family up to date in the waiting room!  Nick's mom Kelly was outside the whole time, and also my dad, sister and nick's brother chris and fiance amanda all came down to wait for the arrival of Noah!

Finally the little guy decided once the month of May was over that he would come on out into the world, and he arrived at 12:06 a.m. on June 1st!  He was 8 pounds 12 ounces, and 21.5 inches long!

Noah David Patey arrived into the world!
We were in love instantly!


No comments: