Friday, September 16, 2011

Being a mom!

I have been blessed with the role of being mommy to Noah.  I absolutely love being a mommy.  I didn't know how I would feel, or act or if it would come naturally. For the longest time I didn't feel ready to have kids.
When Noah came into the world I was in love with him, but it was not the kind of heart melting love I feel for him today, that grows as each day passes.  I remember the first month was tough at times because he didn't really recognize us and there was a lot going on!
It was somewhere around 5 weeks though that he first began to smile, and that was the end of it for Nick and I!  Our hearts melted for this little boy and they continue to melt with each day that passes.  I really feel now that my heart and love just keep growing, it's crazy!  Raising kids is such a joy and each part of it is such a treasured moment.
Lately I find myself trying to soak up each moment that I rock him to sleep, each moment of nursing, each moment of waking up once in the middle of the night.  These moments are fleeting and will soon be gone.  And there will be new things to look forward to.  But oh how I am treasuring these times!  His coos and laughs are some of my favorite sounds in the world!  Sometimes I find myself anxiously waiting for him to wake up so I can spend more time with him!

It has been hard to go back to work even though it is part time.  I find it so difficult to leave that sweet smile and laugh in the morning!
Each moment is a blessing, and as time is passing quickly I am trying to treasure each moment I have with our little man:)

Doesn't that smile just melt your heart!??!  He is such a special little man:)



No comments: