Friday, May 28, 2010

My class

So proud of my kids at school.  We began raising money for an organization called Smile Train, which does celft surgeries for children all around the world.  Each surgery cost $250.  The goal was for my class to raise $25 to help go for the surgery.  Well after discussing and encouraging my students they showed up the next day with $50!!  They wanted to continue raising the bar on themselves and by the end as a class we had raised $250, which was enough for one whole surgery!!!  Wow!!  I was so inspired and amazed at my kids!!  When I told my mom, she and my dad were so impressed they wanted to help sponsor a party for my students.  We celebrated at school today with In N Out burgers, fries and cake that one of the students' brought in!
How awesome it was to see 12 year olds excited to raise money to give back to others.  What a great example of giving everything you have to help someone else.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Now that is GREAT!!! Tell your class they made my morning!