Wednesday, May 19, 2010

back to the blogging world!

It has been a long time! I am missing blogging, although I didn't blog very often. I think I would like to try again! I spent some time customizing our page and changing pictures and settings around. The picture I chose for our main picture is of us in India. My heart misses India and the people we met there. God is doing such an amazing work there, it was so awesome to see His kingdom being built!

On a side note, I am incredibly thankful this school year is coming to an end. Ever since India Nick and I have not had a moments rest! We have been so busy with family stuff, our masters, teaching, buying a house, adjusting to a new city to live in, finding a home church. It feels like the list goes on and on! Needless to say we are very excited that summer break is just around the corner, only 2 weeks for nick, and about 5 for me. We have family camping trips, friend camping trips and a wedding (yea lindsay and randy) this summer, not to mention catching up on some much needed rest!
I am going to throw in a picture of Nick and I from our recent masters graduation! Praise the Lord we are finished (well almost, nick will be done in a few weeks). We are so thankful to have that extra schooling, and so ready to be done with it!


Lastly, I changed the description of our blog to simply Love. When I think about who God is and what he asks of His people, love comes to mind. "

The greatest commandment is to Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and the second is to love your brother." Mark 22:37-40

When I think about that word, and the struggles and circumstances I go through on a daily basis, I can often times narrow it down to how am I doing at loving God and loving those around me? Am I love my husband by the way I treat him, and support him? Am I loving my students by being patient and caring? Am I loving my God and Savior and starting my day with Him, my Beloved?

No comments: