Sunday, November 2, 2008

Marilyn Ryan Sunset Point Park




Grandma would have been so blessed to see the park that was dedicated to her last weekend October 25.  Because she was the first mayor of Ranchos Palos Verdes the city dedicated the most beautiful park to her and named it after her.  It is literally on a cliff overlooking the ocean and is at the entrance to the Donald Trump golf course.  It was a tented occasion with the mayor and other city council members there, amazing food, and an open bar.  The only thing that would have made it perfect was for Grandma to see the park.  She was a strong determined woman and I miss her.  I am glad for the times I spent with her specifically in 2004 when I traveled with her to Boston and Maine.  Those are the times I will look back on and remember fondly.  Many people showed up to pay tribute to her and to honor her and we were glad to be a part of it, and proud of her.  I am attaching some pictures of the event and the view so you can all see what exactly I am talking about!

No comments: